Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Writing Arbit

It has been a long long time since my last post. I dont even completely remember what all has happened during all these days, though I'll try my best and exercise my brain and try and write it all. Please remember, I've just given my first exam in MINOR II half an hour back, and I am very drowsy , so kindly forgive me for my blunt grammar and typing which you guys will inevitably notice!

I have been doing a lot of thinking over the past few months. I had sort of made a list in my mind, a list of all those things which matter in my life. Then I realised that my list absolutely sucked. Then I made a new list, and I am happy with its contents now. And I realised ( with a little help from Mr. Narayan Murthy ) that it is high time that we all should do something to make a difference. I expressed this thought to quite a few friends of mine, and, barring a few, everyone agreed! The consequence : We, an ordinary group of college going teenagers, have started teaching little kids in slum areas. And this is probably the most satisfying thing I have done in my life, and I am sure my fellow 'teachers' agree. Why am I writing all this? Because my friends and I need your help, your support. If anybody who reads this post wishes to join us, please do so. I'm sure we all can take out couple of hours every week, right? The satisfaction one gets by teaching those little kids is undescribable!!!

I have been unbelievably happy during the past few days... There are two reasons: The first one is mentioned above. I can't write the second one, but lets just say that I can see the ' thing no.1' of my list of '25 things I wish to do' about to come true. Life is bliss... And I hope it remains this way for quite a while
:-)

Nothing much else has happened. My sister is giving her board exams, so home has a 'study' atmosphere right now. I watched Honeymoon Travels and Nishabd back to back, and both of them were quite good, especially Nishabd. IIT is going great, fun is increasing exponentially, and we are all planning what to do after Minor II. I also thing that India will still win the world cup, and I hate all those people who started criticising the team after their loss to Bangladesh, after all, everyone has a bad day..Dont you ever?
I thing I've written enough crap, and now I must begin to cram why welding and metal forming have made my life so heavenly ( start studying for ManPro )... So i'll take your leave. And you better comment ;-)

10 comments:

paridhi said...

Good luck for the minors.. Very 'Minorish Post' :-P!

SENSATIONS said...

i think u guys are working for a gr8 cause.... sujay told me abt it earlier and i was glad! i oo, wish to join u ppl. it will be a pleasure indeed!

Sparsh Agarwal said...

dude india will win the world cup... lol :D dont worry about that..
i would love to join you ppl.. only if you have space for a dummo like me... (LOL :D)

check out my new blog.. http://caribbeanworldcup.blogspot.com

One small bit of advice.. add some pictures to your blog. or just change the template.. a bit dull ... just my opinion.. you might not agree ..
everything else is cool. fun is unfortunately not increasing exponentially here.. computer science is TOUGH ! .....will meet you up once am back in india.. take care mate..

Anonymous said...

yess dude i totally agree wid u that its very satisfing....n m really sorry for all those times i promised to cum bt cldnt make it.. bt surely after my exams il definately accompany u there...m proud of d grt job ur doin jst keep it goin.....n yes ofcourse hw cn i 4gt d nishabd thing,hate u n nipun 4 dat....lol!!..n haan all d best 4 ur minors,dnt think u need it though.. :-}

Siddharth Gupta said...

Hi yaar.. you guys are doing a really great thing (4 people have already said that, but even if mine was the first comment, thats what my opening line would have been!) I'll join you guys in the summer, pakka.

World cup fever is full on here also, matches are screened in the hostel lawns every night, so now we have a good excuse for staying up till 3 in the morning and not attending classes later ;)

Apart from that, best of luck for the exams and of course, I'm sure your readers would like to know the time gap between your watching Nishabd and honeymmon travels!!!

Anunay said...

Best of Luck for yer Minors..... Interesting to learn about you doing such commendable work.....!!! Keep it up!! Would have loved to join the effort... but I dont think I'll be of much use.......

Ashish Kushwaha said...

wow!! writing about nothing is so easy!!! waise it is really a great experience to teach those children and u were the first, who conceived the noble idea!! so nice of u..

and bete i m so sorry for u that india has won the world cup :-P.

and yes... congratulations and all the best for getting ur thing-1!!

Sujay said...

well dis is d 2nd time i am reading ur blog and hav 2 say that ur matter is definitely of sm substance! carry on wid d gud work and ya just wanna tel ya that u hav another teacher wid u now!!!:))) i wil join u guyz as soon as my exams r over!
CHEERZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!

Anunay said...

Eagerly awaiting some post updates...... Also, awaiting your comments on my latest posts.

MeMyself_n_I said...

hey i think what you guys are doing is wonderful, and i can totally see why it's making you so happy. do keep up the good work and well, keep blogging!