Thursday, March 1, 2007

Two Things I Did This Weekend

The following post is divided into two parts. Both the parts are equally important. Better read both of them. By the way, they're about the rocking time I had at the NSIT fest!

PART 1: The Jump

It was a usual friday. Stupid workshop. Lots of work. Life sucked. Then we decided to go to the NSIT fest. Primarily, for bungee jumping. So five of us fitted ourselves in an auto ( it was quite comfortable indeed ). We approached NSIT. Something was visible from distance. A huge crane ( or platform, whatever). We were supposed to jump from that height. Shit!!! I mean, everyone's seen bungee jumping, but it really hits you when you realise you have to jump from that height. Now, only three of us wanted to go ahead with it. So we went to the registration counter ( a guy sitting on a chair ), and to our disappointment, found out that only one more jump could take place that day, as it was getting really dark. So I was given the opportunity to jump. Now I know that all modern safety precautions are used and blah blah blah, but jumping from that height is quite freaky, and I got all ' what if I die ' thoughts storming thru my mind. So I quickly told my friends my will and my goodbye messages, and it seemed a scene straight out of KHNH ( xcept that I was going to bungee jump instead of having a heart failure ). Right, so I was all strapped (tightly) and padded up and taken up that crane ( or platform, I dont know and I dont care). The view was simply gorgeous, though I didn't have my specks on so everything was a blur (still quite beautiful). The instructor was a good guy, who thought I was really scared or something ( I wasn't, obviously), and tried to calm me by asking me all these questions about my college ( I really love it when people ask me about this ;-) ) and my place and what not. Right, so we've reached maximum height, the crane ( or the platform, come on u guys!) is now still, the wind is blowing, distant cheers of my fantastic four friends can be heard, and the moment arrives. I am asked to bend forward, more more more more... 3..2..1... whooooosh!!!!!!! I go head first right towards the ground. It was the best feeling in the world! After all, I was flying ....for 3 seconds!!!! And then I find myself oscillating in mid air, which was again, very thrilling indeed. Upside down at that height was undescribable. I am pulled down, my pads and straps are removed, and I rejoin my friends. They all welcome and cheer, make sure I'm fine, and Palka actually gets scared that I might've become a real 'bhoot'! We find nothing else to do there, so we all head back to IIT. My friends, in the end, got pretty bored, but for me, it was one super(man)ish experience.

PS: Everyone must must try out bungee jumping atleast once in their lives.

And now...

PART 2: The Concert

It was not a usual sunday, because my parents woke up to find me studying early morning ( which was extremely difficult, because I was up messagin till 3 am the previous night, yet extremely necessary, as I had a stupid 25 marks lab test the next day). Anyways, I was studying in a hurry, because we were all planning to attend the Kailash Kher concert at NSIT the same night. So after almost finishing my course, I joined my friends and we all again headed to NSIT again. As usual, the concert started very late. We waited and we waited and we waited. It was a very weird fest, there was nothing else to do, there weren't even any food stalls! Anyways, after 2 years ( or hours ), they finally let us in. And then began one of the most rocking concerts ever. Ok, I've attended about 3 or 4 rock shows, KK and Raghav's concerts, but none of them even compared to this. We simply loved it. Kailash Kher started with mangal mangal, and we danced to that also!!! Everybody was singing ( or shouting ) on top of their lungs, and Kailash Kher sang each and every of his superhits. Chak de phattey, teri deewani, dhol vajada, rang deeni, tauba tauba, allah ke bande... the list went on! Finally he concluded with another dose of Chak de phattey and teri deewani, with amazing fireworks going off in the sky, just like the later's video! We all were exhausted by the end of it all, and our throats had started to hurt really bad! We headed back to IIT in batches, as it was very difficult to find autos there. Somehow, we, for some time, all forgot that we had a lab test the next day, and instead of stupid formulas, had nice tunes going thru our heads!

The next morning, three of us woke up with numb right ears, but all of us with big smiles... God bless Kailash Kher!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome weekend!!! Enjoying life to the brim I see........ How did that test go???

Anunay said...

Kuch nahi hua yaar....... Wot could possibly happen??? You seem to be having a really nice time though!!! Njoy!!!

Nipun Dhingra said...

hey bungee jumping sounds very interesting...i really wish to try it too!!....but i m not much of a fan of kailash kher!!

MeMyself_n_I said...

hey awesome! u seem to be breaking the image of the stereotypical iitian. keep up the good work. lol.
bungee jumping must've been brilliant. :-)

Ashish Kushwaha said...

very right!! unfortunately, i could do nothing other than watching u jumping fron that 10 or so floors height. but even i could feel the thrill and it was incredibly awesome!! the whole thing was very very joyous.. specially, kailash kher concert!! and u was looking the biggest fan of kailash kher :-), and.. it was a wonderful experience...

Sparsh Agarwal said...

hmm.. bungee jumping... scares the shit out of me...
Interesting indeed... you have great fun man... good going...
So how is life otherwise ??????
When u free take a look at my blog http://sparshpolly.blogspot.com

Cheers mate...
keep the fun going...