Tuesday, April 3, 2007

After II

Someone told me not to publish any more posts regarding what I do after my exams, becoz it gets a bit boring. BUT here I am, once again, with a very long description of the very large amount of fun I had after my minors. My apologies to that someone.

First of all, my minors. They went ok ok, not good, not bad. Received a couple papers already, and got above average marks in both of them, so I'm happy. Now, what happened after those minors:

I'll begin by telling you guys what I did that day, followed by lots of things I did over the weekend. So our post minor celebrations bgan with a nice round of teaching in the slum area, becoz we hadn't been able to go there for 1 full week becoz of our exams. After the teaching endd, we decided to catch a movie in the evening - NAMASTE LONDON. The movie was superb, a complete entertainer, we were laughing all over the place! We then had dinner, and then started singing songs. We were having so much fun singing that we decided to WALK back to IIT from chanakya. So we were looking like a group of drunkards walking and singing in the middle of the road in the middle of the night! We finally reached IIT at 1 am, all tired, but determined to have more and more fun. We then played the usual games: Dumb Charades, Cheap Dumb Charades, Chain... what not! Fortunately IIT was off the following day, so we ended up having fun till 5:30 am. Finally I banged the door at my place and woke up my dad at 6 in the morning to let me in, and slept throughout the day.... Life rocks!


Now- What I did over the weekend...
My sister's boards ended on the 28th, and we all ( me n my family ) decided to spend the weekend at Rishikesh.. So I found myself at the Nizamuddin railway station on friday night, and I suddenly realised that I had absolutely no idea where rishikesh is! My mother glared at me, but at the same time informed me that our destination was in Uttaranchal. The night was spent sleeping in our nice comfortable train (ouch!). We reached Haridwar at 4:30 in the morning, Rishikesh took another hour's drive,and we checked in and slept for another couple of ours.
9 o clock: RIVER RAFTING TIME!!!! There were 7 of us in the raft- my family, two fellows from bangalore, and our guide. After receiving the usual safety instructions, we all jumped in and were ready to begin our 16 km ( 2 hours) long rafting. 8 rapids awaited us, and I cant describe how thrilling it was to face each one of them. I even took a jump from the jumping point! The whole experience left us all extremely happy and my mom a little shaken ;-) All in all, completely brilliant!



The evening was spent walking across the Ram Jhoola and Laksman Jhoola and also viewing a beautiful Aarti of Shivji..



Next morning: Wildlife Safari!The drive to the national park was amazing, passing an excellent hydro-power plant! Now this national park is supposed to be home to atleast 550 Asian elephants... So we were all hoping to get to say hello to a few of them atleast. However, not even one of them had the courtesy to show themselves and welcome their guests in that 40km long safari. Those huge huge huge idiotic fellows managed to hide themselves amazingly well. All we saw were deer, horned deer, nil gai, lots of peacocks, and lots and lots of birds. The only elephantish thing we saw was enormous amounts of elephant shit. That's it. It was a sunday, so probably they had a holiday. Still, they should have informed beforehand.


We had our lunch at an extremely beautiful, exotic, classy, (expensive ;-) ) Ananda resorts. This place was filled with foreigners, who probably had very stressful lives indeed, and had come here to relax and soothe their mind and body (what crap!). They were all wearing kurtas, and the resort people probably forgot to tell them that kurta and pyjama go together.. So we had a sizeable number of firangis all around wearing just kurtas, and no pyjamas!!! It was just tooooo funny!

After that we caught our train back to Delhi, and I reached home with a horrible feeling of returning back to the stupid lectures and pracs and filework and what not! Well, that's how my weekend was spent at rishikesh. I'd love to go there and do some river rafting again, and have already started persuading my friends. Lets see what happens. Hope you enjoyed this post.

PS: To everyone who have encouraged me and my friends in the last post, thanks a ton. We really appreciate it, and the kids are waiting for you guys as well! :-)

5 comments:

MeMyself_n_I said...

awesomeness awesomeness awesomeness!!! lucky you!! while i've been losing my mind what with the f*&^%$# exams round the corner, you've been having a blast. oh well, my time will come too. :-(

Anunay said...

Amazing life you seem to be living!!! Living quite the Indian dream infact!!! Envy seems to be the emotion of the hour for me...... ;)
Njoy!!!

Ashish Kushwaha said...

sahi yaar!! it looks that you had a rocking time at your weekends, leaving all of us to be screwed in this iit mess and to moan with our all-trashed exams, lucky u!!
and a very nice composition with photos!!! but mind you, you'll have to pay for this picturesque blog, as it leaves us burning....

Unknown said...

hey dats gr8....after readin ur blog evn m dyin to go n try raftin.....u r too lucky yaar..i do read al ur blogs but always forgot to comment on it :-)..seems as u r havin a gr8 coll life,khub masti n all..n ya even i ll like to join u n ur frnds in d noble cause as soon as m thru wid my exams..anywyas continue hvn fun n keep us update wid ur life..tc bbye

SENSATIONS said...

yeah so finally i am commenting.... hehehe.... i have read this post i dunno how many times now.... and its so bloody cool. rafting in rishikesh... u know there was some probable plan of ours too to go there but as always, it was cancelled! damn! and now i envy u so much.... the pix are really cool. especially that puja one is really nice. loved the effect of it!