Monday, February 19, 2007

Feels Like Home

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, bloggers and non-bloggers, fellow humans, i'm finally writing again... The reason I had not posted for so long was because minors were going on and i was going crazy. The exams went reasonably ok, though i have just received my organic chemistry paper, and lets just say, I'll dump it in an organic pit and let the carbon in the paper decay till eternity. But now i'm having fun ( the details of which will be provided soon ;-) ), and through this post I want to tell you a little bit about why I'm having so much of it!

Now almost everyone of my friends know that I had a rocking time during the first couple of months of college. They also know that after that issues came up with my college friends, things were said, complications became complicated ten fold, and I was, to say the least, unhappy ( for quite a while ). But then, I found new friends in college, people who were like me, and those people are very very special to me now. So in this blog, I'll go on and on about them only. Read on if you want to. Shut your screen if you dont. I wont mind, as I wont find out ;-)

This sounds stupid, but I'd like to introduce you all to my friends in IIT- people because of whom, IIT finally feels like home...

Shaurya: My best friend in college, this guy is probably the only one in our group who knows what he's doing! He is all fun and masti when college is relaxed, and very serious when F seems inevitable... He has always been there when I needed support :-) And as far as I can remember, he has not attended a single morning lecture in 2007.

Ritika: She is the 'monica' of our group ( come on people, if you don't watch friends then you're just sad. Go lock yourself somewhere). anyways, Ritika is strict, organised, disciplined, strict.... I get scolded by her atleast once everyday ;-) But then, she's probably the most selfless person I've ever seen. She manages our studies along with hers, makes sure we're all updated with our work, and goes out of her way to teach us when we all sweat and panic.

Aashish: This guy is thinner than me ( yipeee, somebody actually exists!). He is one of the nicest persons i've ever met, and yes, the lone supporter of my dream. He is a very simple guy indeed, attends all lectures, feels guilty even at the thought of having fun in the middle of exams, finishes homework, has gluestick in his pencil box!!!! But, to say the least, he's a great guy!

Mehak: i feel that she's the 'bacchi' of our group. She is probably the most innocent girl I have ever met. Sincere and hardworking, she has topped the same bloody organic paper! We all tease her every now and then, but obviously we mean none of it. By the way, she's a pretty great dancer as well!

Palka: She, for some very strange reason, calls me a 'bhoot' ! We, on the other hand call her PFP ( Palka from Patiala ). She's an amazing person, brings life and soul to the group, and is horribly scared of the dark and ghosts. And yes, she's a beautiful singer, and an even better friend to one and all!

Arushi: My IIT-salsa partner ( please dont kill me, miss A - my salsa commitment towards you still remains unaltered ), she's a wonderful dancer, and an amzaing person. I would have failed all my physics vivas had she not been there. Must mention, she's a pro in hide-n-seek.

Vani: She's probably the 'rockstar' of the group. Hip and happening, Vani is probably what an IITian should ideally be. She's a great person to hang out with, and makes sure that she has all the fun she possibly can. One day, she might become a superb salsa dancer ( that is, if she stops breaking my finger every now and then )

Nidhi: I dont know why, but somehow we call her 'psycho', though she shows no signs of insanity or madness.

Sidak: All i have to say that this guy will do something great one day! and yes, his uncle is super rich and mega nice ;-)

This is my nice little family in IIT. To all the girls in the group, lets start going out more frequently, this is a golden period of our lives. Guys, get those feet moving in salsa, you suck compared to the girls. Cutting the crap, I love you guys a lot, and hope we remain best friends for life... blah blah ;-)

6 comments:

Anunay said...

This the first time I've ever come across a friends circle comprising of more girls than guys, studying in an engineering institution..... And, an IIT at that....... Nice, to know that you've discovered your own niche in this enriching environ....... It would definitely be nice if you could find time for a friend like me as well sumtime.... If it's not too much of a bother....;) Btw, nice to hear that you're back in business.... Looking forward to more frequent posts from you.....

Nipun Dhingra said...

So you finally found your type of ppl in IIT...m glad!! By the way, your new frnds seem to be great...hope you'll introduce us someday!!

Anonymous said...

abe SENTI NITISH!!! kya ho gaya tujhe yaar....
aur haan i m not thinner... we r at par... aur yeh kya mazaak hai.. ok ok i admit i always have glue, pencil, sharpner, eraser but pencilbox???? u r gone case!! aur yeh kuch zyaada exagerate nahi kiya?? kitna bhi hun.. i never take online solutions of s&d prob from ritika and shaurya the way u did ....(yaad aaya!!)!!
but whatevr.. this is seriously a sweet surprise from ur side.....
hope we'll b this close forever...

Anonymous said...

and yes, after having read this blog, coz i ve also been bit of senti, so main bhi kuch bolun abt nitish.... (or, HUM SABKA KA PYARA "ATTACHÉ")
he is one of the sweetest guy, i have ever met... a very very vivacious kind of person.... always doing something interesting or throwing some very humorous punchline towards others... never loses cool...BUT ISE CAPACITORS CUTE NAHI LAGTE ;-).. bunks morning classes to get a wink at r2 :-) (or sometimes coz of his so called "self-esteem") means overall a chill person.. but still was the 2nd HIGHEST SCORER IN OUR GROUP (in the end of 1st sem) after mehek... and yes, HUM SABKA SALSA DANCE TEACHER.... coz i ve not watched much of salsa, so i dont know how well he dances, but he is a virtuoso, when it comes to teach it to others... all of us r big fans of him... and yes.. he dreams nice... i praise his vision..
BE THE SAME WAY "BHOOT ATTACHÉ"...

SENSATIONS said...

u jerk! u can write about IIT friends but wat abt skul friends? IIT kya gaya, hume toh bhool hi gaya hai! newaz, nice blog! but i am still fuming!

Sid said...

Nitish , one of the sweetest n most caring guys u can ever find , selflessness is a word that can be associated with him anyway , a purist by heart, never knew such a guy existed in iit infact on this earth , he has most wonderfull dream n i promise u nitish , i will give my 100% to make it come true cause i share a similar dream n we will make it come true , u know the convo just opened my eyes to the real nitish inside , that heart that cries for others's happiness , for the unfortunate , for the world's happiness , ur just too good , May God Bless U always :)))