Saturday, January 20, 2007

I join

Well I had been planning to do this since quite a while now :

*Since the past few months after reading the very lovely blogs of madam S, but never managed to escape my laziness

*Over the past 1 hour, but another N was just too persistent to chat on the other window.

Anyways, i've finally begun, and i really hope things keep on happening in my rather static life so that you guys remain amused. I've decided to begin my blog by telling you guys about what happened yesterday, which was, as it turns out, a pretty interesting day.

If you read my very good friend Siddharth's blogs, you'll have a reasonably good idea how boring profs can be in IIT-G. I am sadly proud to say that IIT-D is not far behind. Every morning these days, i have to endure a lot of gibberish from 8-11 am. And Hypnus, the Greek God of Sleep, always blesses me with his gift, latest by 9-30. So when Ms B called me the previous night, i readily agreed to bunk all my classes and watch Babel with her Friday morning. So happy and excited we were, that we conveniently forgot that it was a friday, and after reaching the theatre found out that Babel bade goodbye from PVR priya that day. Instead, we saw Dejavu, and it turned out to be an excellent movie ( a must watch!). However, i had to attend my mechanical workshop in the insti at 1 pm, so I left immediately after the movie ended. We began with carpentry that day, and i entered a huge room full of pieces of different kinds of wood and machines with frightening blades. the prof was telling us about various kinds of wood, and how to distinguish them and what not... nobody even bothered listening,one guy actually left the class, and the wooden clock somehow refused to move ahead. and then our prof told us that wood can be distinguished by taste also! and then HE MADE US TASTE AND EAT DIFFERENT KINDS OF WOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok now dont go visualising nerdy iitians desperately trying to bite thick logs and barks of trees. but yes we actually swallowed tiny flakes of wood....
experiences, i tell you.
Then we had a poster making competition kind of thing in the evening, and finally, at 7-30, SALSA! truly, one of the few things to look forward to. But alas, the boy to girl ratio in this particular lesson was 12:6, i hope i dont need to write anything else ;-)

that's pretty much it for the day. surely you'll agree that it was a different day, a rather Freaky and Fun filled Friday!
Go ahead, comment!!

ps: never, ever even attempt to eat or taste wood in your life.

8 comments:

Nipun Dhingra said...

hey.....first to comment on your first ever post...feels good!!neway dude,gr8 going...continue blogging....u are good at it!!

paridhi said...

Well written dude! But whats written may need a lil bit of scrutiny.. Just kidding!

Siddharth Gupta said...

HAHAHA!"nerdy iitians biting logs of wood..." amazing line yaar. I'm sitting in the CC and when I laughed out loud, a couple of people looked at me like I was some insane specimen. But great thing that you also started writing! And to repeat nipun..you're good at it too!
PS- Hopefully, you'll be more regular than I am ;)

SENSATIONS said...

hey! welcum dude! is that reference to Madam S intended to me? lol...... i ll be glad if u ve been liking my blogs. coz i think i write complete bullshit.hehe.... good start no doubt! keep blogging!

Unknown said...

hey!damn good first blog!made for a good read! keep up the good work

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anunay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

heyyyy nits....dost itna sar pakane ke baad bhi ...kehna padega....BADIYA HAI!.....
MISS N....